Totara Talent Experience Platform Open Discussions

You attempted to log in but your user account has a different authentication type

Val Quimno
You attempted to log in but your user account has a different authentication type
by Val Quimno - Tuesday, 23 May 2023, 8:57 PM
Group Good learner 2023

I've tried to login as site Admin (using SSO) without a problem previously. And now I tried to login as a demo user (Student) account to access some of my test courses. When I log out and log in again as Admin (thru SSO) I cannot proceed any further as it says "You attempted to log in but your user account has a different authentication type."

Do you have any idea how to resolve this?

Thanks.

Craig Eves
Re: You attempted to log in but your user account has a different authentication type
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 29 May 2023, 7:01 PM
Group Totara

Hi Val

Are you able to login as the Site admin on another browser or a brwoser in incognito mode 

if this works then the browser session may be being stored and sued somehow. Also check if limit concurrent logins is set to no as this is required for SSO authentication plugins. 

regards

Val Quimno
Re: You attempted to log in but your user account has a different authentication type
by Val Quimno - Monday, 29 May 2023, 8:25 PM
Group Good learner 2023

Even in incognito it is still the same.

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 29 May 2023, 9:11 PM
Group Totara

Hi Val

I am not sure what is going on there - a Totara account can only have one authentication type associated with it.

Is there an option to create an account in Totara if the account entered in the SSO site isn't being recognised as the same one?

regards

Val Quimno
by Val Quimno - Tuesday, 30 May 2023, 5:29 PM
Group Good learner 2023

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the quick reply. FYI, I sorted this out with the help of another admin. They've found out that I have 2 accounts with the same cred but the other one was LTI auth (which causes the issue).

cheers