Suggest Totara Learn features

ical invite responses logged

Rebecca Hunter
ical invite responses logged
by Rebecca Hunter - Friday, 26 May 2023, 9:08 AM

HI 

I am looking to use the ical function within centralised notifications but have hit an issue with not being able to see the responses from the ical invite that goes out. Is there any plan to include a log of the responses or notifications back to select users? 

Thanks

me
Re: ical invite responses logged
by George Angus - Monday, 29 May 2023, 6:01 PM
Group Totara

Hi Rebecca,

Could you supply us with replication steps and a statement of what you would expect to happen, and what actually happens?

cheers,

George.

Rebecca Hunter
by Rebecca Hunter - Friday, 2 June 2023, 2:57 AM

Hi George

We use seminars to book reviews for our coaches with apprentices for the management of apprenticeship programmes. Each apprentice has their own seminar and then each session booked goes in as an event. The apprentices' line manager is also added as a third party in the seminar settings.

I have created notifications specific to each role and these are working fantastically. It removes the need for us to manage the invites outside of the system apart from the fact that using the ical functionality, if the user who received the invite declines the invite it does not notify or record that response anywhere and so we have no way of knowing it has been declined.

Any ideas on how to manage this or things I have missed please let me know. Without the ability to see responses, the functionality is seriously limited.

Thanks

Becki

me
by George Angus - Tuesday, 6 June 2023, 7:15 PM
Group Totara

Hi Becki,

iCal calendars don't talk to Totara. You need to teach your users to log into Totara and cancel their seminar signups that way. The event will still be in their calendar, with status "not attending" (or similar) but they're still booked to attend that session. When they cancel in Totara, they'll get another notification with ical which will remove the calendar entry.

regards,

George.

Tim Reynaert
by Tim Reynaert - Monday, 29 April 2024, 7:39 AM
Group Partners

Hi George

I'de like to build on this request. Would it be technically possible to somehow capture the response on an ical invite? Or is that just not possible? I mean from a code/php perspective, not from a functional perspective.