Totara Talent Experience Platform Open Discussions

mobile app

Laurent Virgos
mobile app
by Laurent Virgos - Friday, 15 September 2023, 8:27 AM

Hello we are trying the mobile app. We are on Totara v14. In the Totara mobile learning course youtube videos, there is an icon to search courses. On my Totara mobile app there no magnifying glass to find course.

any idea?

thanks

Craig Eves
Re: mobile app
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 18 September 2023, 7:10 PM
Group Totara

Hi Laurent

Are you able to check what version of the mobile app you have by clicking on the person icon in bottom right of screen and selecting About - this should be something like 1.1.12 .

The Find icon shows for me in the Totara mobile app next to the Home icon.

regards

Laurent Virgos
by Laurent Virgos - Monday, 18 September 2023, 11:30 PM

Thank you Craig here's a screenshot without find icon. My app version is this one: 1.1.12 (90) with plugin version: 2020100100

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 19 September 2023, 1:22 PM
Group Totara

Hi Laurent

Thanks for confirming the version of mobile app - this is the same as what I am using.

Maybe this feature also needs an up to date Totara version - i am using Totara 17

Are you able to login with the mobile app to https://demo.mobile.sb.totaralms.com/ username laurent and password laurent (you need to change the password) to see if the find courses shows for you

regards

Laurent Virgos
by Laurent Virgos - Wednesday, 20 September 2023, 1:49 AM

I can see the magnifying glass. so we need Totara v17

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Wednesday, 20 September 2023, 3:54 PM
Group Totara

Hi Laurent

i found the ticket that introduced this in the mobile app v1.1 and there was an associated ticket in Totara 15.0 to add a component for the mobile catalog search .

So a version Totara 15.0 is required for this.

regards