Totara Talent Experience Platform Open Discussions

Assignment Activity - Checklist Format - UX Change

Matthew Uhrich
Assignment Activity - Checklist Format - UX Change
by Matthew Uhrich - Thursday, 5 October 2023, 3:24 PM

I can't find any documentation that shows a "checklist" as being an option under the Grading Method for Assignment activities, yet it is an option and we've been using it for years. We recently upgraded our version and the UX has suffered in this one area. Pre-upgrade the checklist actually had little checkboxes to select, but post upgrade there is nothing to indicate except the list item turning bright green. We've had a lot of graders think they submitted a score (when they added comments) but not actually select any of the items to check off. Any ideas on how to fix this?

I did find some documentation that this might be a plugin: https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=gradingform_checklist

Craig Eves
Re: Assignment Activity - Checklist Format - UX Change
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 5 October 2023, 5:27 PM
Group Totara

Hi Matthew

This does looks like a third party plugin as I created a rubric and checklist was not an option in the standard Totara . Something could have changed in the plugin or Totara end which I am not able to help with.

If you aren't able to find a fix then it is still possible to use a numeric scale in the rubric using 0 for No and 1 for Yes and clicking on the appropriate option and this changes the colour of the selected option

regards

Matthew Uhrich
Re: Assignment Activity - Checklist Format - UX Change
by Matthew Uhrich - Friday, 6 October 2023, 9:27 AM

Craig, Thank you for the response, I did dig deeper and it definitely is the plugin so I get why you guys can't troubleshoot that part. I appreciate the suggestion to go to rubric style, we do use that for some other assessments so we may consider a changeover for our next build. Thank you!