Totara Learn Open Discussions

Featured course only for those enrolled?

Jacque Cardenas
Featured course only for those enrolled?
von Jacque Cardenas – Wednesday, 18 October 2023, 12:41 PM

Hello, I am looking for a way to highlight a course or program on the user's LMS homepage that users are enrolled in. Because we are still on v12 (upgrading in Q1 2024), and I need a solution before we upgrade, I am hoping you all will have some creative alternatives to the usual blocks. Due to issues we are having with our own process and v12 end of life, the Program completion block and the Current Learning block are not ideal for us right now.

Featured links is great, but some users get version A and some get version B, and we want them to only see the one that is assigned to them. We don't want version B users trying to enroll in or access version A.

Can anyone think of another way to display/highlight the right course for the right user on their homepage?

Craig Eves
Re: Featured course only for those enrolled?
von Craig Eves (Totara Support) – Wednesday, 18 October 2023, 4:00 PM
Gruppe Totara

Hi Jacque

Does the Record of Learning: Courses - Active learning provide the information you require?

This embedded report can be cloned and edited with the fields required and added to a Reports Table block on the home page.

Can you detail the problem with using the current learning block - this block is also in later versions also.

regards

Steve Te
Re: Featured course only for those enrolled?
von Steve Te – Thursday, 19 October 2023, 7:38 PM

Are you using Audiences?