Totara Talent Experience Platform Open Discussions

completion date on dashboard different from completion date on manual upload

Alkida Kamberi
completion date on dashboard different from completion date on manual upload
by Alkida Kamberi - Tuesday, 24 October 2023, 11:44 PM

Hello

Has anyone come accross this issue before and how have you resolved it?

When uploading course completion I put in the date of the training for example 2 October 2023 but then my dashboard shows the previous day date of 1 October 2023. Why?

Regards

Alkida

Craig Eves
Re: completion date on dashboard different from completion date on manual upload
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Sunday, 29 October 2023, 6:00 PM
Group Totara

Hi Alkida

Can you check whether the user who uploaded the course completion preferences in their profile matches the Server timezone ?

Possibly if they were different the value uploaded wouldn't match the timezone of the server

regards

Alkida Kamberi
Re: completion date on dashboard different from completion date on manual upload
by Alkida Kamberi - Monday, 30 October 2023, 12:23 AM

Hi Chris. No, they don't match. How do I change this?

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 30 October 2023, 12:23 PM
Group Totara

Hi Alkida

If the admin logs in and clicks on their name in upper right corner and selects profile Edit profile , Timezone and Server timezone this will change the timezone for this user.

Can you try uploading a record with this time and check the value showing is accurate - it shouldn't make a difference what timezone is selected when uploading so maybe a bug. Are you or you partner able to create a ticket with details of the timezones of user and server as it may also be a daylight saving issue.

regards

Craig