Totara Talent Experience Platform Open Discussions

Payment for Courses / Seminars in totara.

Dhairya Kapadia
Payment for Courses / Seminars in totara.
by Dhairya Kapadia - Wednesday, 3 January 2024, 5:32 AM
Group Partners

I would like to know if it's possible for users to purchase course access / specific seminar access in totara.

Also can only seminars be created as an independent activity outside of a course ?

I read about paypal integrations somewhere, but are there other options / payment gateway integrations available ?

Please guide, thanks 🙂

Craig Eves
Re: Payment for Courses / Seminars in totara.
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 8 January 2024, 6:01 PM
Group Totara

Hi Dhairiya

Can you detail what you mean by independent activity outside a course - using the seminar direct enrolment method allows a seminar to be displayed on the site page and booking a seminar without navigating through a course.

There is a Paypal enrolment methjod included in Totara that allows payment via paypal there are other third party plugins and also plans to include payment integrations in Totara Cloud

regards

Dhairya Kapadia
by Dhairya Kapadia - Monday, 8 January 2024, 11:41 PM
Group Partners

I meant, currently you can add a seminar as an activity within a course. It cannot be created as a global event I suppose ? Not related to any course but outside of it ?

Thanks for the suggestion. Also the seminar will still have to be created within a course to use the direct enrollment method right ?

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 9 January 2024, 2:41 PM
Group Totara

Hi Dhairya

If tracking of attendance and seminar notifications are required then this needs to be a seminar activity which needs to be created in a course. If this isn't required then add a link to the seminar that uses Google Meet or another virtual meeting application on the front page of Totara.

That's right the direct enrolment method requires a seminar in a course.

regards