Totara Learn Open Discussions

Pathway course format - returns to start

Daniel Bond
Pathway course format - returns to start
بواسطة Wednesday, 17 January 2024, 3:54 AM - Daniel Bond
مجموعة Most helpful contributor 2023

Hi,

Only viewing the Pathway course format from a user perspective (in the Courses and Categories v18 course), and one thing I've noticed is that when you complete an activity (SCORM for example), it takes you back to the first activity (Introduction) rather than the one you were on. I'm presuming this is related to the SCORM modules automatically launching when you view the section, but I wasn't sure if there would be a technical solution available to allow some automatic navigation to the next activity in the course?

Looking forward to having a play with the format when our Partner gets us set up, looks really good and flows logically.

Dan

Naina Manga-Virtue
Re: Pathway course format - returns to start
بواسطة Wednesday, 17 January 2024, 11:55 AM - Naina Manga-Virtue
مجموعة Totara

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your feedback, we love it! 🙂

Regarding your question, could you clarify if this occurs when you leave the course midway and return later? Typically, after completing an activity, you should find a "Next" button that seamlessly takes you to the next activity in the sequence.

Glad you're enjoying exploring the format!

Naina.

Simon Seiffert
بواسطة Monday, 29 January 2024, 5:05 PM - Simon Seiffert
مجموعة Most Helpful Contributor 2022مجموعة Most helpful contributor 2023مجموعة TXP Site Administrator

I came to the forums just to report this bug also!

Naina - it occurs when you complete a SCORM activity within a Pathway course, close the new tab, allow the course to refresh (save progress). It then takes you back to the first activity.

Naina Manga-Virtue
بواسطة Wednesday, 31 January 2024, 12:57 PM - Naina Manga-Virtue
مجموعة Totara

Right! Thank you Simon for providing the details!

The team and I will take a closer look at this.

At this stage I do have a small workaround for you, if you set up the SCORM activity so that it opens in the "Current window" you won't have the problem of the course page reloading and pushing the learner back to the starting position again.

Daniel Bond
بواسطة Thursday, 1 February 2024, 5:28 AM - Daniel Bond
مجموعة Most helpful contributor 2023

Thanks, once we've upgraded to v18 I will have a play with that. To be honest, in a lot of cases will be looking to move away from SCORM towards things like embedding H5P content, but obviously there are a lot of situations where you're being supplied with a SCORM module.

The downside to having the SCORM load in the same window is that generally you want 100% of the available space to be the SCORM (especially if it's been designed in a way that's not very responsive).

Apologies for the delay in replying, it appears this forum has have discussion subscription disabled so I didn't realise you'd replied!

Rachel Griffith-Boyes
بواسطة Thursday, 1 February 2024, 6:12 AM - Rachel Griffith-Boyes
مجموعة Totara

Thanks for flagging that discussion subscription had been disabled Dan! We've re-enabled it now for optional subscription.