Totara Learn Open Discussions

Unassigning and reassigning certification behaviour

Ian McNaught
Unassigning and reassigning certification behaviour
door Ian McNaught - Tuesday, 30 January 2024, 14:13 PM
Groep Outstanding learner 2023Groep PartnersGroep TXP Site Administrator

Hi

I have a slightly unusual case where a client has 1 year certifications, but due to the nature of the business it is very common for learners to be certified for a year, let it lapse and then some period in the future need to certify again. The problem we've found is no matter what approach we use to reassign them, the due date always goes to the previous expiry date, making it immediately very overdue. If you upload a completion record with the old certification date and a new (future) due date, it changes the certification status to certified up till the due date.

In other words, it might look like this:

• Certification expires: Jan 1 2022

• User unassigned

• User reassigned: June 10 2023, due date July 10 2023

I can see the logic in the way it is working, i.e. if the certification has expired, it's naturally overdue - but is there not a way to decouple the due date from the expiry date to support allowed gaps in a certification record?

Jane Warwick
Re: Unassigning and reassigning certification behaviour
door Jane Warwick - Wednesday, 14 February 2024, 18:07 PM

Hi Ian

If you edit the certification and then go to the 'Completion' tab, you can edit the completion records of individual learners by either making them newly assigned and setting a new due date, or choosing the relevant Certified option and updating the window open date and the expiry dates. This seems to hold for us.

We've only ever done this for a few individual learners, so it is a manual process - not sure if you could do any bulk uploading with this.

Hope this helps.

Jane