Totara Talent Experience Platform Open Discussions

Table format in V17

Gill Mace
Table format in V17
by Gill Mace - Sunday, 4 February 2024, 5:48 PM

A lot of our course content was presented in tables as per the image below, we have upgraded to V17, and the borders for these tables are no longer present and the content sits randomly on a book activity page.
Is this how they now present in V17 ? Do you have a solution to reinstate borders or will we need to look at a plug in?

Craig Eves
Re: Table format in V17
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 12 February 2024, 5:33 PM
Group Totara

Hi Gill

I think what may have happened is that the content in the book was created by copying and pasting html and some of this advanced html has been cleaned as it may be a potential security risk. There are settings to prevent this but this exposes the site to potential unsafe content.

Alternatively this may be due to a theme chnage - what version of Totara was the site upgraded from and has the new site got a customised theme?

Regards

Gill Mace
by Gill Mace - Wednesday, 14 February 2024, 11:28 AM

Sorted thanks. Plug in was the issue!

Ashley Acosta-Fox
by Ashley Acosta-Fox - Wednesday, 14 February 2024, 10:22 AM

Gill, are you comfortable editing markup? I've been able to apply table styling at the HTML level using basic attributes, and the HTML purifier isn't stripping out any of them. A bit old-fashioned, but it is working for me.

Gill Mace
by Gill Mace - Wednesday, 14 February 2024, 11:27 AM

Hi Ashley, thank you for your response. Yes use HTML all the time, the issue is I have hundreds of tables to format.
When we upgraded the plug-in didn't work, but have it fixed now.

Ashley Acosta-Fox
by Ashley Acosta-Fox - Wednesday, 14 February 2024, 12:00 PM

Oof! Yeah, definitely not a solution for lots of tables. Glad the issue is resolved!