Suggest Totara Perform features

Competency completion by peers

Daniel Bond
Competency completion by peers
by Daniel Bond - Wednesday, 7 February 2024, 4:40 AM
Group Most helpful contributor 2023

In our industry (Healthcare) there are a lot of competencies which will be assessed in practice by anyone with an appropriate professional registration (rather than just someone's manager). We have looked at setting competency completion based on a Performance Activity, and then allowing staff to select the participant for the activity (so they can select a peer) and the peer to select which competencies to sign off, but this isn't a smooth or simple workflow (to put it mildly).

Would it be possible to build into the competency feature itself the option of "peer assessment", and then the member of staff goes into the competency and presses as "Select peer" button to request that person then goes in and assesses them, and then there's a notification sent to the peer to make the assessment?

Ashley Mundy
Re: Competency completion by peers
by Ashley Mundy - Wednesday, 21 February 2024, 9:10 AM
Group Totara

Hi Daniel - Sorry I missed your ideas earlier!

Competency and skill assessment is definitely in our sights for future improvements, although I cannot comment on any timeframes at the moment. Would you be available to walk me through your use case scenarios? please email me at ashley.mundy@totara.com to arrange a call.

Daniel Bond
Re: Competency completion by peers
by Daniel Bond - Thursday, 22 February 2024, 12:41 AM
Group Most helpful contributor 2023

Thanks, have sent you an email.