Suggest Totara Perform features

Text Editor Improvements

Daniel Bond
Text Editor Improvements
by Daniel Bond - Friday, 10 November 2023, 3:55 AM
Group Most helpful contributor 2023

The text editor which is part of Perform (used by the end user for long text input, but also the administrator when creating static content) is friendly and easy to use, but lacks a certain amount of functionality. For end users doing text input, that's great (and nicely limits them from doing silly things), but from an administrative side I want to be able to edit HTML. Would there be an option to switch to using the default site editor (as defined in user preferences) for the static content editing so that we can more precisely edit things (without losing the simplicity for end users)?

Ashley Mundy
Re: Text Editor Improvements
by Ashley Mundy - Wednesday, 21 February 2024, 9:23 AM
Group Totara

Hi Daniel -

I'll check with my technical lead whether this is possible or if there are any limitations that may prevent this and get back to you.

Would this just be for adding a static content element to Performance Activities?

Daniel Bond
Re: Text Editor Improvements
by Daniel Bond - Thursday, 22 February 2024, 12:44 AM
Group Most helpful contributor 2023

Yes, doesn't need to be available for inputting answers from a participant perspective (which the new streamlined editor is ideal for), just creating static content. For a lot of the time, the current editor is absolutely fine, but occasionally I want to be able to dive into the HTML to get exactly the thing I'm looking for.