Totara Talent Experience Platform Open Discussions

Regarding default report access

Dhairya Kapadia
Regarding default report access
by Dhairya Kapadia - Tuesday, 13 February 2024, 12:38 AM
Group Partners

so i tried opening the create report page on my totara instance to view all the reports. (/reportbuilder/create.php)

It provided me with a total of 95 reports over various domains (eg: site activity, program, course, site and server, etc.)

I wanted to know how can I know the default access levels for these reports ?

Like if i don't customise roles and grant access manually, by default who will be allowed to access and create these reports ? (for eg: only a site admin can view a site activity report and so on)

ALSO

When clicked on create report, it provides with an option to create site report or tenant report. So are the tenant reports any different from the site report? or do the site reports include all of the tenant reports and it only runs at a tenant level ?

Craig Eves
Re: Regarding default report access
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 13 February 2024, 7:00 PM
Group Totara

Hi Dhairya

The permission to Create, edit and delete report builder reports totara/reportbuilder:managereports is by default allowed for the Site manager and Tenant domain manager roles . There is a capability overview report admin/tool/capability/index.php that shows capabilities and roles

By default the role with permission to view a report is set to the Site manager role.

The tenant report option has been introduced in Totara 18 - this limits the display of data that only relates to the selected tenant

Regards

Dhairya Kapadia
by Dhairya Kapadia - Tuesday, 13 February 2024, 8:16 PM
Group Partners

Alright thanks.

And incase I need to check the capability overview report for the ability to VIEW Report Builder Reports, what capability does it fall under ?

(for eg: creation of report builder reports lies under totara/reportbuilder:managereports)

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Wednesday, 14 February 2024, 11:14 AM
Group Totara

Hi Dhairya

The ability to view a report is controlled at the report level . If you select the Access tab in the report you can restrict access through role.

regards