Totara Talent Experience Platform Open Discussions

Scheduled user actions: User deletion - data source

Peter Imre Oliver
Scheduled user actions: User deletion - data source
by Peter Imre Oliver - Monday, 18 March 2024, 7:45 AM

Dear experts,

I have a question regarding the data source in a scheduled user action (user deletion). The field "user status" is automatically selected as suspended, which makes perfect sense. However, I'm unsure about the data source.

The description that is open in the screenshot below shows this, and it says "…when a user first had their user status changed to 'suspended'."

In this case, would this mean that a user, who has been previously suspended for some reason, will be deleted 1 year after that initial suspension date?
Even if the user was then reactivated, and suspended again after a while?

There are rare cases where this could happen, and it might lead to premature deletion of users. Is this just a misunderstanding on my part, and the system uses the most recent suspended date, or is it actually something to keep in mind when performing these GDPR-relevant tasks?

Thanks a lot, I look forward to any feedback 🙂

Best regards,

Oliver

Craig Eves
Re: Scheduled user actions: User deletion - data source
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 18 March 2024, 8:00 PM
Group Totara

Hi Peter

I think your understanding is right it is from when the users is first suspended so if they are reinstated and then suspended again it would be from the date of the first suspension. I am not sure of the reasoning for this.

Regards

Bryn Whyman
by Bryn Whyman - Wednesday, 20 March 2024, 2:26 PM
Group Totara

Hi Oliver,

Just clarifying this - I'm part of the Totara team and have checked with the developing team on this one. Actually, it only keeps track of the most recent suspension. If a user is unsuspended, that record is wiped. It will only ever look at the most recent suspension date.

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Bryn

Peter Imre Oliver
by Peter Imre Oliver - Thursday, 21 March 2024, 11:40 PM

Hi Bryn,

thanks a lot for checking this. It's really valuable information, as we're on track to automate our user deletion in accordance with GDPR.

Thanks

Oliver