Totara Learn Open Discussions

Displaying Seminar Approval for managers in tasks block

Cameron McMillan
Displaying Seminar Approval for managers in tasks block
by Cameron McMillan - Wednesday, 3 April 2024, 12:40 PM

Hi there, just wondering if anyone had any guidance on using the tasks block for manager seminar approvals on TXP 16. My company is moving to a manager approved process for the first time, and I'm not sure if relying only on email and alert links will be enough to ensure approvals are actioned.

I plan to add the Tasks block to our manager's dashboard, but I'm not able to find much examples of how the seminar approval tasks should look/function in the docs. They don't seem to trigger by default, like Learning Plan tasks do - but I am able to create them by editing the message channels for seminars in the centralised notifications page.

My notifications, however, doesn't seem to have the same ability to be actioned in a pop out like the Learning Plan task is (approve, decline, review etc), and the seminar task is persistent even after it has been actioned, until it is dismissed. Looking at a few older forum posts, it looks like this is/was possible - is there anything I could be missing?

Craig Eves
Re: Displaying Seminar Approval for managers in tasks block
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 11 April 2024, 6:11 PM
Group Totara

Hi Cameron

When you login as the manager and select their profile in upper right corner Preferences > Notification preferences > Seminar > Booking request created does the delivery channel show As Task or Alert .

The user could override the site notification preferences

I tested and I got a notification in the Alert and Task block

Regards