Totara Learn Open Discussions

Audience Alert Message

David Wallace
Audience Alert Message
by David Wallace - Friday, 19 April 2024, 4:07 AM

Want new members of a specific audience to be sent a unique notification when they are first added, to link them to instructions on adding a piece of information to their User Record.

I cannot see a way of locally modifying the Audience Alert without customising the language pack for global settings, which is not necessarily the route I'd like to go, just in case another audience needs the basic alert sending - is there a way to do this that I am not seeing?

Alternatively:

I was thinking of setting auto-enrolment into a course which triggers a notification that could be customised however, I would not want this to then sit in their Current Learning as not showing complete - is there a way of the course being 'forced' complete without the user participating in any activities or even visiting the course? Or it not appearing in their Current Learning or learning record?

Happy for suggestions on alternative ways I could do this.

Thanks

Craig Eves
Re: Audience Alert Message
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Sunday, 21 April 2024, 4:10 PM
Group Totara

Hi David

Another way of sending a message to an audience is bulk user actions and selecting audience id in the advanced filter options

Regards

David Wallace
Re: Audience Alert Message
by David Wallace - Monday, 22 April 2024, 12:26 AM

Hi Craig

Thanks for that recommendation. Unfortunately, I need for this to be a dynamic action, happening every time someone new is dynamically added to the audience (i.e. new starters).

Regards