Totara Talent Experience Platform Open Discussions

Hosting SCORM course

Muhammad Jamil
Hosting SCORM course
by Muhammad Jamil - Thursday, 4 April 2024, 4:43 AM

Dear All,

I am hosting SCORM based courses in Totara 18 but when I extract the report I can only see not started and completed status of the course in the report but I am not getting in progress status of course in the report. Is this something related to SCORM file or Is there any specific settings I need to make sure while hosting SCORM based course in Totara? in order to get in progress status in the report.

Additionally, I had hosted same courses in our previous LMS, I was getting three status in the report ( not started, in progress and completed)

Can someone please guide me how to get the course all status in the Totara report?

Warm Regards,

Jamil

Craig Eves
Re: Hosting SCORM course
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 4 April 2024, 3:31 PM
Group Totara

Hi Muhammed

The progress in SCORM activity is displayed in the SCORM player on the LMS and not passed through to the LMS.

The activity score and Status are passed through to Totara and the SCORM activity is marked either complete or incomplete based on the activity completion criteria - there isn't a partially complete status.

A course in Totara can contain several activities including a SCORM and the course progress tracked depending on what percentage of activities are completed

regards

Muhammad Jamil
by Muhammad Jamil - Friday, 5 April 2024, 12:48 AM

Hi Craig Eves,

In our case, the course contain SCORM activity only. It would be nice if you can guide me how to create a course in Totara to get in progress status. I mean to add some additional activity etc.

Regards,

Jamil

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Sunday, 7 April 2024, 3:06 PM
Group Totara

Hi Jamil

The progress status of the SCORM activity isn't passed to the LMS but the SCORM player can display in the in the SCORM player of Totara

The report source SCORM captures the Score for the SCORM so gives an indication of the progress in the SCORM

Regards

Muhammad Jamil
by Muhammad Jamil - Tuesday, 16 April 2024, 9:20 AM

Hi Craig Eves,

Sorry for the delay response.

I have tried all settings but still not getting in progress status for SCORM activity. I also try grading option but still getting two status completed and not started.

Is there any specific settings which I need to get in progress status of the course.

Regards,

Jamil

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 16 April 2024, 7:13 PM
Group Totara

Hi Muhammed

There isn't anything in the settings in Totara to show progress in an activity apart from if your SCORM is a multi SCO and you show the contents page like the screenshot.

The SCORM can have progress displayed that shows within the SCORM player in Totara but the progress information is only displayed rather than being updated in Totara or other LMS.

regards

Muhammad Jamil
by Muhammad Jamil - Wednesday, 17 April 2024, 8:09 AM

Hi Craig Eves,

I have asked the vendor to provide the log from SCORM cloud and I can see there is in-completed status which is get by LMS. As I mentioned, I was getting all three status in previous LMS reports.

Muhammad Jamil
by Muhammad Jamil - Thursday, 18 April 2024, 2:48 AM

Hi,

Also, I extract the objective report (attached) form staging platform where we attempt the scorm course through test accounts and I can see in complete status in report but I am wondering why this status is not pass to Totara report.