Totara Perform Open Discussions

Manager's Manager not included in the Participant Instances in Performance Activity

Jakub Gazda
Manager's Manager not included in the Participant Instances in Performance Activity
by Jakub Gazda - Thursday, 23 May 2024, 7:17 AM

Hey! My problem is that even though all sections of a particular performance activity include Manager's Manager as View-Only, there are some reviews without the Manager's Manager instances. I double-checked the Job Assignments and even though a user is the Manager of the subject's Manager he/she is not able to see the subject's review in their Develop>Activities tab. I cross checked with other subjects within the same review and there are many examples where the Manager's Manager is correctly listed in the Participants Instances. COuld you please advise what are possible reasons for this behavior? Thank you, J

Craig Eves
Re: Manager's Manager not included in the Participant Instances in Performance Activity
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 23 May 2024, 4:11 PM
Group Totara

Hi Jakub

The performance activity participants are set to when the performance activity was created. If any of teh managers change after he creation then they wouldn't be included.

There are some settings that automatically create new instances when a role changes and the old performance activity closed

See https://totara.help/docs/changes-to-personnel for more details

regards

Jakub Gazda
Re: Manager's Manager not included in the Participant Instances in Performance Activity
by Jakub Gazda - Thursday, 23 May 2024, 11:10 PM

Thank you Craig!