Totara Learn Open Discussions

Visibility of Events on the Course Page.

Jakub Gazda
Visibility of Events on the Course Page.
by Jakub Gazda - Monday, 27 May 2024, 2:53 AM

Hey team, I am wondering- as a Site Administrator I can view available Events for a particular course that has the Seminar activity within. When I log in as a user, I can only see the course description, but there are no Events listed below the description. Where is the Event visibility set for the Course Page? I attached a screenshot for your reference:

Jakub Gazda
Re: Visibility of Events on the Course Page.
by Jakub Gazda - Monday, 27 May 2024, 3:57 AM

I think I have found the answer- The permission 'View courses without participation (moodle/course:view)' in Totara Learn allows users to browse and access certain aspects of courses even if they are not formally enrolled in them.

Simon Seiffert
Re: Visibility of Events on the Course Page.
by Simon Seiffert - Thursday, 6 June 2024, 6:00 PM
Group Most Helpful Contributor 2022Group Most helpful contributor 2023Group TXP Site Administrator

I'd avoid changing that permission - instead, add an enrolment instance of "Seminar direct enrolment", and potentially also enable Guest access (if there's resources they can view within that course).

We use this for courses where there's additional course information or PDFs, etc that learners may want to view before deciding to enrol into a session.