Totara Learn Open Discussions

Manager enrolling his team members

Laurent Virgos
Manager enrolling his team members
by Laurent Virgos - Sunday, 23 June 2024, 11:37 PM

Hello I'm looking for an easy solution to permit a manager to enroll members of his team to a program.

I have found some ways (heavy ones) using Learning Plan, another using perform BUT manager can enroll users only to course (not to program), modifications rules of the staff managers..etc…

is there a simple solution I've missed it ?

thnak you for your help

Totara v14 Learn + Perform + Engage -> migrating to v18

Servando Pineda
Re: Manager enrolling his team members
by Servando Pineda - Monday, 24 June 2024, 8:48 AM
Group PartnersGroup TXP Site Administrator

Interesting

If you only want to be able to enroll students, you need to create a new role. But this role will have access to all programs and all students.

Now, if you want to control enrollment by team leader and only team members, it's very complicated. There is no functionality for that (that I know). If you isolate them with TENAT, you might be able to control the enrollment. Or organize the courses by category and team leader... sounds bad, a lot of work.

What kind of operational requirements do you need to cover?

One personal question, Do you speak Spanish?

Laurent Virgos
by Laurent Virgos - Tuesday, 25 June 2024, 4:54 AM

si hablo espanol

Lo que queremos hacer es permitir a un manager inscribir a unos miembros de su plantilla a un Programa. Casi se puede hacer esto usando Perform pero unicamente con cursos y no con un programa. El "Learning Plan" permite esto tambien pero necesita bastande "clics" para un manager (se olvidara del metodo pasando las semanas). No se si existe otra forma. Gracias por contestar.

Servando Pineda
by Servando Pineda - Tuesday, 25 June 2024, 4:24 PM
Group PartnersGroup TXP Site Administrator

Hola

Ya, entiendo. Quieres conservar las restricciones que te da un teamleader. Entiendo la dificultad pero el learning plan me parece la mejor opción.