Totara Perform Open Discussions

Share your insights: Improving Performance activity alignment with Job assignments

Kimseng Ng
Share your insights: Improving Performance activity alignment with Job assignments
by Kimseng Ng - Thursday, 29 August 2024, 7:12 PM
Group Totara

Hi everyone, I'm a UX designer from Totara. We're looking to gather your insights on how performance activities align with job assignment changes in your organisation. Your feedback will be invaluable so If you have a few minutes, please take our 5 mins survey and share your thoughts. Thank you!

Survey: https://forms.gle/5APdzm8PkW93shoG8

Daniel Bond
Re: Share your insights: Improving Performance activity alignment with Job assignments
by Daniel Bond - Friday, 30 August 2024, 1:13 AM
Group Most helpful contributor 2023

Hi,

I've answered the questions, but there are some assumptions made around current functionality being correct which I think need a bit more exploring. Firstly, the "Job assignment-based instances" feature really needs to lead to assignment per-job rather than per-person, because some activities will be suitable for one role but not for another. At the moment, if I assign an activity to somebody, I'm doing it for all Job assignments which is fine for some things (universal activities) but not for others (activities related to a specific job responsibility or area of work). This would need a little bit of thinking about in terms of being able to re-attach activities where a job assignment is accidentally deleted and then recreated, but that doesn't feel too tricky from an administrative perspective.

Secondly, where a manager changes, there is already functionality to identify who input something (because you have multiple manager instances), but there really should be further options to control how closed instances are handled (visible to others holding the same relationship, deleted if there is no data present, etc.).

Finally, I think this links into a bigger question around how job assignments are handled (which I've submitted an "Idea" for), because at the moment things like audiences are groupings of users rather than job assignments and some of the above might necessitate some new way to capture groups of job assignments.

Kimseng Ng
Re: Share your insights: Improving Performance activity alignment with Job assignments
by Kimseng Ng - Sunday, 1 September 2024, 2:30 PM
Group Totara

Thanks so much for your thoughtful feedback and for taking the time to complete the survey Daniel. You’ve brought up some really interesting points, and we’ll be sure to take a closer look at them. 😊