Best practice forum (Archived)

Program Messages setting

Wen Hao Chuang
Program Messages setting
by Wen Hao Chuang - Monday, 13 October 2014, 3:33 PM

Hi, we are running Totara 2.5.13.1. One thing that we noticed is that for the Program messages (e.g. Enrollment message, Program Due message, etc.), they are not flexible. It would be nice if there is a feature like temporarily enable/disable messages (for each category) instead of "deleting" them. Since if you delete them, if you need it back, you will need to do copy&paste or write the message again. Just my $.02.

Any work-around, thoughts or comments? Thanks!

Wesley Holden
Re: Program Messages setting
by Wesley Holden - Wednesday, 5 November 2014, 12:35 PM

Hi Wen,

You're correct, there is not a way to disable a message without deleting it and having to recreate the text. I would highly recommend reporting this to your Partner company so that they can investigate and submit a bug report via the Helpdesk. My thought would be that if a message is deleted and then added again, it should be pulling the default message text from the language pack.

Thanks,

Lori

? ?
Re: Program Messages setting
by ? ? - Sunday, 30 November 2014, 6:35 PM

This feature suggestion has been added to our features and enhancements tracker.  For future reference the tracker ID is 13517.

The topic thread in the Suggest features forum here https://totara.community/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=18415 provides visibility and allows for further discussion if necessary.