Best practice forum (Archived)

What is "Completed (prior to unassigned from certification)"?

Wen Hao Chuang
What is "Completed (prior to unassigned from certification)"?
by Wen Hao Chuang - Friday, 20 February 2015, 9:20 AM

OK we are new to the Certification feature, particularly interested in the automated (annual) recurring feature.

With our testing, it seems that if the learner completed the "course" before (or something), some of them in the "Status" of their Certifications tab of their Record of Learning, it would show "Completed (prior to unassigned from certification)." What does this mean?

Thanks!

BTW we are running Totara 2.5.13.1 (will be upgrading to 2.5.23.1 soon)

Nathan Lewis
Re: What is "Completed (prior to unassigned from certification)"?
by Nathan Lewis - Monday, 23 February 2015, 1:05 PM
Group Totara

Hi Wen.

"prior to unassigned from certification" means the same as "before they were removed from the certification". Is the user still assigned to the certification? If not, then that's the reason. If they are still assigned then could you please give us step by step instructions how to recreate this situation.

Thanks,

Nathan

Peter Pappas
Re: What is "Completed (prior to unassigned from certification)"?
by Peter Pappas - Wednesday, 15 July 2015, 3:50 AM

Hi Nathan/Wen,

I have a similar situation what I did was;

I recently uploaded roughly 240 users in our LMS (Version 2.7.3).

I have the audiences , courses, and certifications all set up for each user.

I have roughly 220 courses set up in the LMS using audience based enrollments.

approximately 100 of the courses are part of certifications most of which are completing the same course as the original course.

I have completion records which I also uploaded approximately 13500 of them.

I am seeing a lot of records that show "Completed (prior to unassigned from certification)" in the renewal status the employees show due for renewal. in the progress block it shows not assigned.

Looking at the enrolled users the employees are showing enrolled in the course.

Most cases the employee has access to the course via their record of learning and it shows their previous completion there.

See attached.Cert Record Example