Best practice forum (Archived)

Manager reservation - Multiple bookings not working

Daniel Bond
Manager reservation - Multiple bookings not working
by Daniel Bond - Friday, 29 August 2014, 7:10 AM
Group Most helpful contributor 2023

Hi,

When a manager tries to book a member of their staff onto a Face to Face session, they have a list of Current allocations and Potential allocations and the ability to move staff from one side to the other. In the Current allocations list a list of which staff are on the current session and which staff are booked on to other sessions in the activity. Even if the Allow multiple sessions signup per user option is enabled, managers are not able to allocate a member of staff to more than one session, even if the previous bookings have now passed. Example:

• Bob books himself onto a Face to Face session. Bob doesn't turn up and gets marked as "No Show" for the session.
  • Mary, Bob's manager, realises that Bob hasn't completed the session and goes to book him on. Bob is in the Current allocations list (having been booked onto a previous session) and therefore not in the Potential allocations so he can't be booked on.

As a slight aside, when setting the Maximum Reservations option for an activity, we were surprised that this is a limit for the activity rather than a per-session limit. Because a manager might have 50 staff, we need to set a high enough limit that they can book all 50 onto a particular course, but if we do that they might reserve whole classes of dates (since most classes are less than 50 spaces). Would it not make more sense, since the number of sessions within an activity can vary enormously, for the limit to be per session (so that we could allow managers to book / reserve no more than 4 spaces on any given class)?

Regards

Dan

me
Re: Manager reservation - Multiple bookings not working
by George Angus - Sunday, 31 August 2014, 7:22 PM
Group Totara

Hi Dan,

I couldn't recreate this issue - can you send screenshots of settings, times etc and the lists? Ill put in an enhancement for the reservations - its a sensible idea, as a workaround how about upping the total number of reservations?

regards,

George.

Daniel Bond
by Daniel Bond - Monday, 1 September 2014, 3:13 AM

I've attached two screenshots:

A manager trying to book a member of staff on to a session. The member of staff was booked onto two other sessions, both of which have passed. Both bookings had the status "Booked", but changing this to either "No Show" or "Fully Attended" made no difference to whether the member of staff could be booked or not. Removing the member of staff entirely from those sessions then moved them back into the Potential Allocations list.

The setting for the Face to Face session.

If you need anything more, please do say and I will do my best to supply.

Dan

me
by George Angus - Tuesday, 2 September 2014, 3:01 PM
Group Totara

Hi Dan,

This is a bug - Ive put in a bug report , thanks for the clarification.

br,

George.

Daniel Bond
by Daniel Bond - Tuesday, 23 December 2014, 2:27 AM

Hi,

Is there any further news on this bug? I've been asked by another manager why she can't book most of her staff onto sessions herself, and I thought "that sounds familiar", only to discover I'd already filed a bug about this!

Thanks

Dan

me
by George Angus - Tuesday, 23 December 2014, 11:57 AM
Group Totara

Hi Dan,

Its being worked on, its not as straightforward as it appears but hopefully we will have a resolution soon. Its been assigned to a developer and we will be in touch shortly.

cheers,

George.

? ?
by ? ? - Tuesday, 17 March 2015, 10:09 PM

A fix for this issue has been included in Totara 2.6.18 and 2.7.1 which were released on 18th March 2015.

Please let us know if you have any further issues.