Best practice forum (Archived)

Current? Column in Previous Completions Report

? ?
Current? Column in Previous Completions Report
by ? ? - Wednesday, 29 July 2015, 6:18 AM

Can anyone help me with what the current column/filter in the previous certifications report shows?  I have two users, who both completed a certificate on the same date and both due to renew in two years from that date.  One shows as current and one shows as not current.

In fact, is there a resource anywhere for all the different columns/filters explained?  It doesn't include them in Totara help.  I know some are obvious, but a few are a bit puzzling.

Thanks in advance.

Nathan Lewis
Re: Current? Column in Previous Completions Report
by Nathan Lewis - Wednesday, 29 July 2015, 2:31 PM
Group Totara

Hi Andy.

Yeah, I can see how that could be a bit confusing. The records with "No" are the historical records. For one user in one certification, there should be (assuming the user is still assigned) only one record with "Yes", which indicates that this is their current certification completion record - basically it should be the same record as on their Record of Learning: Certifications report. When the certfication window opens, the current record will become a history record and a new current record will be created.

Nathan

? ?
by ? ? - Thursday, 30 July 2015, 1:59 AM

Thank you Nathan that makes more sense now.  So I guess if I have a wide 'window' on the certification it will often say 'not current' because the window is open for the 'new' one.

Thanks again.

Nathan Lewis
by Nathan Lewis - Thursday, 30 July 2015, 2:51 PM
Group Totara

Hi Andy.

Another little thought occurred to me. You could rename the column in your report to something like "Is historical record?", or even just remove the column entirely if it's not useful in your situation.

Nathan