Best practice forum (Archived)

How to tell users from admins?

John Unnever
How to tell users from admins?
by John Unnever - Wednesday, 19 August 2015, 1:44 PM
Group Partners

Is there a way to tell who is a user vs who has admin privileges when looking at the list of all users?  Essentially it would be nice to maybe see a column added that said   isAdmin  or something like that without having to go to the admin page.  Or is that the only way?

? ?
Re: How to tell users from admins?
by ? ? - Wednesday, 19 August 2015, 7:12 PM

Hi John. I am curious if you are asking about the list of all users from the standard "Site Admin/Users" area or from within Totara reports? Regardless, I don't think this exists in either place, though I can see why it would be useful.

Extending this idea out more, a Totara report source that can provide a report of all user role assignments might be nice for auditing permissions in the system, where maybe you could filter on role.

Peter Pappas
by Peter Pappas - Thursday, 20 August 2015, 1:05 AM

Hi John,

I have all my admins in an audience and they are given "Site Manager" Roles at the system level through the audience rather giving them system administrator roles. with this setting personnel can be filtered by the system role they have assigned using an advanced filter at Administration-->Site Administration-->Users-->Accounts-->Browse List of users. Unfortunately this does not include users who do not have the system role of Site Manager.

Hope this helps.

Peter

me
by George Angus - Sunday, 23 August 2015, 5:35 PM
Group Totara

Hi Peter,

Its possible to obtain a report of those users who have the Site Manager role by navigating to Users>Bulk user actions and setting the System role to "Site manager" in the filter. Its possible then to download a file of the selected users.

Hope this is useful,

cheers,

George.

Peter Pappas
by Peter Pappas - Tuesday, 25 August 2015, 1:12 AM

Thanks George,

I misspoke my previous reply.

The system role filter does not show site administrators if that is their only role in the system. System Administrator is not a Role to choose from in the system role drop down.

Peter