Best practice forum (Archived)

Error after installing latest 2.7.6

John Unnever
Error after installing latest 2.7.6
by John Unnever - Wednesday, 19 August 2015, 1:45 PM
Group Partners

Just upgrade my local dev environment with the 2.7.6 release today, after successfully patching i went to go and update the site logo in the theme settings and i get this error.  Anyone have any ideas?

Sam Hemelryk
Re: Error after installing latest 2.7.6
by Sam Hemelryk - Wednesday, 19 August 2015, 2:15 PM
Group Totara

Hi John,

I've just tested this myself locally and everything has worked as I would expect.

The error you have received is because often encountered because a file within the sitedata directory can not be read, this typically signals a permission problem is present in the sitedata directory and that would be the first thing to check.

Cheers
Sam

John Unnever
by John Unnever - Wednesday, 19 August 2015, 3:00 PM
Group Partners

Hi Sam,

I tried renaming the existing sitedata folder to sitedata_old and letting the install recreate the directory from scratch and i get the same error.  If i click on the error link it takes me to this page  (https://docs.moodle.org/27/en/error/moodle/storedfilecannotread) which someone mentions it referencing a file in the site data folder that doesn't exist.  But i have no idea what file it could be since i don't manually add anything there.   I am running my dev copy on windows using Xampp, i haven't modified any folder or file permissions myself.

Sam Hemelryk
by Sam Hemelryk - Wednesday, 19 August 2015, 8:10 PM
Group Totara

Hi John,

If you turn on debugging in Site Administration > Development > Debugging by setting the following:

• Debug: Developer
  • Display debug messages: yes

Then attempt to visit the page again it should provide you with more information.

Its worth noting that you may at this point by better off filing a help ticket so that we can help more directly.

Kind regards
Sam

John Unnever
by John Unnever - Wednesday, 19 August 2015, 9:59 PM
Group Partners

Hi Sam,  

Just in case this helps, here is the debug info:

Debug info: [dataroot]/filedir/13/90/13900b271b870b2c82b98b8c6e6deb182f59f9ad 
Error code: storedfilecannotread
Stack trace:
  • line 187 of \lib\filestorage\stored_file.php: file_exception thrown
  • line 881 of \lib\filestorage\stored_file.php: call to stored_file->update()
  • line 424 of \lib\filelib.php: call to stored_file->set_source()
  • line 8653 of \lib\adminlib.php: call to file_prepare_draft_area()
  • line 1490 of \lib\adminlib.php: call to admin_setting_configstoredfile->output_html()
  • line 140 of \admin\settings.php: call to admin_settingpage->output_html()

Secondly, i haven't opened a help ticket before, is that something i do here on this community forum area?