Best practice forum (Archived)

Reverse checking from course to programs / certifications

Wen Hao Chuang
Reverse checking from course to programs / certifications
by Wen Hao Chuang - Monday, 5 October 2015, 2:32 PM

Hi all,

Sorry if this had been asked before. In Totara (2.5, 2.6, and 2.7), Is there a way to check (e.g. using My Reports) what Programs / Certifications have a specific course?

For example, I can enter "Hearing Conservation" as the course that I want to look up, and the system will show me ALL the programs and certifications that consist of "Hearing Conservation" as part of their content?? Thanks!
Jamie Kramer
Re: Reverse checking from course to programs / certifications
by Jamie Kramer - Monday, 5 October 2015, 3:09 PM

Program Overview Report can almost get you that... however this report source does not include course fields as filter options. Additionally, the tweak to this report source is needed that also includes certifications in the program overview (to report both programs and certifications at the same time, as discussed in other threads).

I am not sure right now how easily the course name can be added as a filter. My hunch is that it might not be a lot of effort since this report source already joins course tables, but since the course column of this report is a concatenation of courses there could then be additional complexity.

I am not aware of another way right now but this came to mind as the first potential.