Best practice forum (Archived)

Notifications or reports for a 'moderator' in a course?

Maurice Moore
Notifications or reports for a 'moderator' in a course?
by Maurice Moore - Monday, 9 November 2015, 4:05 PM

I'm trying to find a way of alerting a moderator that one of the courses they are responsible for moderating has a garbed entry they need to review.

Use case:

We have a number of courses that contain activities that do not require a student submits anything. Using an assignment activity, an assessor (aka trainer) completes a rubric that is used to check a candidate (participant) has met all the assessment criteria. A moderator then needs to check the assessment process has been completed fully, and then complete a no-submission rubric to indicate that the assessment process has been followed correctly and the course can be considered complete (based on the overall score a Badge will be issued). The moderator has responsibility across multiple courses. Candidates work independently (no cohort) and not with any date/time boundaries.

I need to be able to alert the moderator that there is a marked assessment activity ready for moderation. I have looked at using reports, marker workflow, and other event-based triggers but so far I've not had any success.

I'm pretty sure I have seen his work where assessors are notified that a student has submitted an assignment, but in these cases, the student assigns nothing so that trigger is missing.

Is anyone able to suggest a way this could be done?

Many thanks, 

Maurice

Totara 2.7.8