Best practice forum (Archived)

Face to Face - hiding parts of the description

Andy Murphy
Face to Face - hiding parts of the description
by Andy Murphy - Tuesday, 10 November 2015, 7:27 AM

Hi all,

I am using the face-to-face activity for hosting a webinar.  This is open (i.e. anyone can join) but there is a maximum number of attendees.  Therefore face-to-face is great at that.

The issue is there is no webinar tool specifically, and so I am using Lync (as it is for internal employees only).

Ideally I would like to do two things:

• Set up the face to face so the user does not have a choice on how they are notified and set it fixed to "email notification and ical".
  • Add in the Lync online meeting link to the ical appointment.

I can add the link to the online meeting in the description for the session, and that shows up in the ical appointment, which will then show in their calendar once they save the ical.  However, when you go to sign up, you can see the session description there, so technically people can join before signing up.  This can cause problems as we need to keep the webinar below a certain number.

Is there any way to either add the lync into the ical appointment without having it in the description, or to hide the description from users until after they have confirmed signup?