Best practice forum (Archived)

How to create a custom report source?

John Unnever
How to create a custom report source?
by John Unnever - Thursday, 5 November 2015, 12:25 PM
Group Partners

Hello!

We've created a few custom tables within the totara database to add some functionality that we needed and i'd like to be able to use the report builder on those tables to generate a simple report.  I found the developer wiki for totara but that requires a log in and i can't seem to find any documentation anywhere else on how to setup a custom report source.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Olumuyiwa Taiwo
Re: How to create a custom report source?
by Olumuyiwa Taiwo - Thursday, 5 November 2015, 10:28 PM
Group Partners

Hi John.

I recently created a custom report builder source for a client, and put it in local/reportbuilder/rb_sources.

I haven't looked in the Totara Developer Wiki, but in my experience the best source of information for Totara (and Moodle) development is to study the code from a core feature that is similar to what you're trying to do. In your case, you may wish to look at the report bulder sources in totara/reportbuilder/rb_sources and/or the corresponding rb_sources folders in mod/scorm, mod/assign and mod/feedback.

Hope that helps.

Muyi

Wen Hao Chuang
by Wen Hao Chuang - Friday, 6 November 2015, 10:02 AM

+1 on this. I would love to have access to developer wiki too. Should we request this thru our partner? Thanks!

Nathan Lewis
by Nathan Lewis - Sunday, 8 November 2015, 2:06 PM
Group Totara

Hi everyone.

Please read my last message here:

https://totara.community/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=10724

Nathan