Best practice forum (Archived)

Certification Report - Overdue and Expired

? ?
Certification Report - Overdue and Expired
by ? ? - Wednesday, 28 October 2015, 4:50 AM

Looking for some help creating reports for certifications to show those overdue (ideally overdue for one month or more).

The problem is that when running the report, the certification due date only has date filters, but in the actual report it shows up as 'OVERDUE!'.  Ideally we need to add a filter of 'certification due date is = to 'OVERDUE!".  There are also no options to add a filter under the certification due date to is greater than 30 days (it only has between today and so many days in the past).

The expiry option was something I thought may work, however on closer inspection I believe the status only becomes Expired once they had initially completed the certification and the renewal date has now passed.  This may work for the re-certification, but doesn't help with those that haven't done it in the first place.

Also, Expires is with other options like completed, in progress and not yet started, so I wonder is the default behavior to mark them as Expired after the re-certification due date or will it mark them as 'in progress' if they have started the re-certification but not yet completed it.

Any help would be much appreciated.  Of course running a report and exporting it and then filtering by overdue is a solution, but not a useful one for other departments who just want a quick view of those overdue.

Thanks.

me
Re: Certification Report - Overdue and Expired
by George Angus - Friday, 30 October 2015, 4:32 PM
Group Totara

Hi Andy,

Its not really possible it the moment - but I could create an feature request to extend the date filters to include "more than X days ago" and "more than X days from now".

You could search for all Overdue certs by filtering on (say) Date Due = "is between today and 1000 days before today" AND "Is not Certified".

Hope this is of some use,

regards,

George.

? ?
by ? ? - Wednesday, 4 November 2015, 8:23 AM

Sorry for the late reply George.  The report I have so far uses what you suggest (i.e. date due is between today and 1000 days before) - hopefully no one is over 1000 days overdue!

I do think that feature request would be useful for the mandatory learning.  If people are added to an audience to be assigned mandatory training based on their join date, you want to give them enough time to complete the training (say 30 days), and so being able to say 'more than 30 days ago' AND 'is not certified' would be brilliant.

? ?
by ? ? - Monday, 9 November 2015, 6:26 AM

Hi George, I just wanted to update you about your suggestion on filtering is "before today's date and x days before".  Unfortunately this doesn't work either.  It appears that because the report says "overdue!" in the due date column, even using the filters as you suggested returns zero results as that column now contains text as overdue! and no actual date.  Hope that makes sense.

Andy

Nathan Lewis
by Nathan Lewis - Monday, 9 November 2015, 1:52 PM
Group Totara

Hi Andy.

I was able to get this working as George described. I created a new RoL:Certs report and added the Certification due date column and filter. I have one user with "19 September 2012 Overdue!". When I set the filter to "is between today and 1000 days before today" then I get no results. When I change it to 2000 days then the record shows in the results. It works because the filter is working on the base data, which is the date, not the what is being shown by the display function.

Edit: You might want to include "Certification path" column and filter "isn't equal to Recertification".

Nathan

? ?
by ? ? - Tuesday, 10 November 2015, 1:02 AM

Thank you Nathan, I will try that straight away

? ?
by ? ? - Tuesday, 10 November 2015, 1:12 AM

Nathan, I've attached a screenshot below of the certification due date column.  As you can see I don't have "27 February 2015 Overdue!"...it simply says "overdue!".  I've extended the filter to 2000 days before as you suggested but again no results.  The certification due date for those that are now showing as overdue was the 27th February 2015.

Is there a setting somewhere so the report's certification due date column says "[date] overdue!" rather than just "overdue!".  Although based on what you say it is looking at the actual date data not the display data.

Nathan Lewis
by Nathan Lewis - Tuesday, 10 November 2015, 12:11 PM
Group Totara

Hi Andy.

My column had dates in it. It could be that you're on a different version of Totara, or maybe there's some problem. Perhaps you should file a support ticket to get it looked at.

Nathan