Best practice forum (Archived)

Course not being marked as 'in progress'

? ?
Course not being marked as 'in progress'
by ? ? - Tuesday, 24 November 2015, 3:19 AM

I have a course with 5 sections in grid format view.  The three of the five sections have activity completion, and are just set to 'users must view this item' as they are only links to documents/external url.

One section has a scorm and is set to receive the status of 'passed' before it marks the activity complete.

At course settings level we have completion criteria for the entire course set to just check the scorm package completion (this is the only one essential, but I need other activities with completion just for what sections were most completed/used).

I also have the main settings to enable completion tracking and to mark as in progress on first view.

Despite this, the progress bar on the main homepage remains without color and it doesn't mark as 'in progress' and remains 'not yet started'.

The scorm is in captivate and has the settings to report data on every slide and also has the completion settings configured.  Does anyone know of any bug why it wouldn't be marking as in progress on first view? 

We have recently upgraded to 2.7.  Could this have caused anything?  Is there a scheduled task that I need to check is running in settings?

Many thanks for anyone's help.

me
Re: Course not being marked as 'in progress'
by George Angus - Thursday, 26 November 2015, 7:56 PM
Group Totara

Hi Andy,

You should be seeing an 'in progress' status if you have the initial completion tracking set up correctly under the 'Edit settings' section of the course. If you click on the status bar it should tell you what they are.

cheers,

George.