Best practice forum (Archived)

Adjusting number of records in "recent learning"

Tim Newham
Adjusting number of records in "recent learning"
di Tim Newham - Friday, 9 October 2015, 02:08
Gruppo Partners

Hi, a simple/dim question probably but: how do we set the number of records that show in the "recent learning" block that we can add to dashboards? we can't see anywhere obvious in configuration or code.

Thanks!

Tim

? ?
Re: Adjusting number of records in "recent learning"
di ? ? - Thursday, 15 October 2015, 14:41

I looked in code and elsewhere for global settings for this block and I don't see this as being configurable. In looking at the query that is used to get the records for this block, it appears that a simple "LIMIT" on the query could limit the number of courses that this block displays. That of course would be a custom coding change. The query currently appears to sort the courses by most recently enrolled courses, so only adding/using LIMIT in the query may or may not produce the expected results you are wanting.

I would recommend an enhancement request on this one which implements some configurable settings for this block allowing you to set a max number of records to display.

me
Re: Adjusting number of records in "recent learning"
di George Angus - Sunday, 21 February 2016, 15:00
Gruppo Totara

Hi folks,

I've created a Feature Request for this functionality - TL-8436. I've also posted in the Suggest Features Forum. We will let you know the outcome of our review process in due course.

regards,

George.