Best practice forum (Archived)

Print Snapshot of Completed Performance Appraisal

Chelsea Polette
Print Snapshot of Completed Performance Appraisal
door Chelsea Polette - Friday, 5 February 2016, 06:12 AM

Hi Everyone!

When an employee is in progress for their performance appraisal, it is possible to save and print a PDF snapshot of their performance appraisal. This snapshot is useful for retaining HR records, however it seems that when a performance appraisal is completed, the option to create a snapshot is removed. Is there a way to create a snapshot for a completed performance appraisal? If not, how can we print the completed performance appraisal? This is extremely important for HR record retention. 

Thank you.

Chelsea

me
Re: Print Snapshot of Completed Performance Appraisal
door George Angus - Monday, 8 February 2016, 13:21 PM
Groep Totara

Hi Chelsea,

Which version are you using?

cheers,

George.

Chelsea Polette
door Chelsea Polette - Monday, 8 February 2016, 13:36 PM

Hi George,

I am using Totara version 2.9.

Best,

Chelsea

me
door George Angus - Monday, 8 February 2016, 14:11 PM
Groep Totara

Hi Chelsea,

I've created a feature request for this functionality - for future reference the request ID is TL-8384. I've also created a new topic in the Suggest Features Forum here to provide visibility and allow for further discussion if necessary.

We will provide a status update once the initial review and assessment has been completed.

In the meantime a workaround might be to use the 'Print" option and print to a PDF.

cheers,

George.

Chelsea Polette
door Chelsea Polette - Tuesday, 9 February 2016, 06:18 AM

Hi George,

The "Print" button also disappears when the appraisal is for a subordinate. A manager is not able to print their employee's appraisal without the snapshot option. The first image is the manager's personal in progress appraisal and the second image is their employee's completed appraisal from the manager's viewpoint. Is there another way to print/save as PDF as a manager? Thank you for your assistance!

Best,

Chelsea

me
door George Angus - Sunday, 14 February 2016, 15:49 PM
Groep Totara

Hi Chelsea,

I can't recreate this - which version are you using specifically? Is the Manager Role just assigned through the Position of the Learner?

cheers,

George.

Chelsea Polette
door Chelsea Polette - Monday, 15 February 2016, 06:51 AM

Hi George,

We are using 2.9.1.1. I am currently going through the Manager Role that is assigned through the Position of the Learner. It is the manager that is uploaded from our HR Import. Logging in as that Manager only gives the snapshot option for incomplete appraisals.

Chelsea