Best practice forum (Archived)

Some scheduled reports would take a long time to run/generate

Wen Hao Chuang
Some scheduled reports would take a long time to run/generate
by Wen Hao Chuang - Friday, 5 February 2016, 12:05 PM

Hi, I have noticed this issue recently.

Some of our Totara scheduled reports (which connect to our backend processes) would take a really long time to process/generate, even when we completed turned off the "Automated (course-by-course) backup setup."

For example, we have one scheduled report called bizapps_lms_userrpl (using data source "Course Completion by Organisation"). This report was scheduled to run at 11am, then our backend process will pick up this report at 1pm. However, due to the size of this report has increased dramatically in the past two months, I have noticed that it used to take less than 30 mins for that report to be ready on the SFTP site, but now it would take more than 1.5 hours to be ready. This is concerning.

We are running 2.5.30 right now. Just wondering whether there had been any improvement or code refactoring in this area (for all the reports with different data sources, to run faster and more efficient)? If so, can someone please pinpoint which changeset, in which version? Thanks!

me
Re: Some scheduled reports would take a long time to run/generate
by George Angus - Sunday, 14 February 2016, 1:29 PM
Group Totara

Hi Wen,

Could you ask your Partner to submit a Support Ticket for this post - the purpose of the forum is for general discussion.

cheers,

George.