Best practice forum (Archived)

Face to face message user

Mei Chan
Face to face message user
by Mei Chan - Wednesday, 3 August 2016, 11:56 PM

Hi - in face to face there is a very useful message user function. However when trainer message the user it's not tracked on the module , within the course or activity or session and is also not in the site-level message log. Is it in the plan that these message can be tracked so the trainer is aware of what has been communicated to the learner?

Cheers,
Mei

me
Re: Face to face message user
by George Angus - Thursday, 4 August 2016, 3:31 PM
Group Totara

Hi Mei Chan,

This kind of tracking isnt in the plan, but - I could submit a feature request to have in included :)

In the long-term we are looking at overhauling the messaging functionality within Totara to enable a comprehensive reporting suite, but this wouldnt necessarily delay what you are suggesting. If you would like me to submit a request let me know.

cheers,

George.

Mei Chan
by Mei Chan - Thursday, 4 August 2016, 10:32 PM

Hi George,

Yes I think feature request will be good. Thanks George.

Thank you,
Mei

Rita Ansbro
by Rita Ansbro - Friday, 5 August 2016, 12:48 AM

Hi George/Mei Chan

I think this would be a really useful functionality.  In our NHS Trust we are always being asked if we can track/report on the messages that the system has sent out, to ensure that staff have actually be sent things like reminders or extra information regarding a course, or when a cancellation message was sent out, or even a wait-listing message, so we if this is the sort of tracking of messages you're meaning then we would definitely support this.

Rita

me
by George Angus - Sunday, 7 August 2016, 5:26 PM
Group Totara

Hi Guys,

I've submitted a feature request TL-9828, and created a post in the Suggest Features Forum, for visibility  & comment. We will let you know the outcome of our review in due course.

cheers,

George.