Best practice forum (Archived)

Student selfenrolment from coure within learning plan

Martin Simcik
Student selfenrolment from coure within learning plan
by Martin Simcik - Monday, 8 August 2016, 1:37 AM

Hi all, I need help with self unenrolment of student from course in which he was enrolled through learning plan. Now I can not find any way how to allow student to do that. I was looking for permision which allow student self unenroll from courses enrolled within learning plan, but there is not this kind of permission. Finally it looks that this enrolment method doesn´t alow self unenroll.  Even the manager can just remove this course from learning plan, not unenroll student. Or have you any idea?

Thanks 

Martin

me
Re: Student selfenrolment from coure within learning plan
by George Angus - Monday, 8 August 2016, 3:57 PM
Group Totara

Hi Martin,

I think what you would have to do here is create a custom role - say from using an Editing Trainer role, and enable the enrol/manual:unenrolself capability, obviously you'd have to edit the role down a bit  to suit a learner.

cheers,

George.

Martin Simcik
by Martin Simcik - Tuesday, 9 August 2016, 6:01 AM

Hi George, thanks for your reply. Already before my post I enabled this permission for student so I was expecting that student could self unenroll from course, but this option (under course administration) is not available. As I written before it looks like there is not any permission which can enable unenrolment from the course which was enroled through learning plan.

Martin

me
by George Angus - Tuesday, 9 August 2016, 2:24 PM
Group Totara

Hi Martin,

Could you email me a copy or the role you are using?

cheers,

George.

george.angus@totaralearning.com

me
by George Angus - Wednesday, 10 August 2016, 4:19 PM
Group Totara

Hi Martin,

You need to use another role (Editing trainer for example) as the template - the Learner role will not work, there are probably conflicting/missing capabilities which inhibit the functionality you require. The Learner  role is not designed for this type of use. 

cheers,

george.