Best practice forum (Archived)

Issue with the "totara/program:editcompletion" capability

Patrick Staengle
Issue with the "totara/program:editcompletion" capability
by Patrick Staengle - Tuesday, 27 September 2016, 2:10 AM

Hi everyone,

I came across an issue with the "totara/program:editcompletion" capability today. Most likely it's user error, but unfortunately I wasn't able to figure it out by myself, so the community may be able to help me out here.

Context:

1. Created a new role "completioneditor"  (please see screenshot in the attachment for details)
  2. Created a new course category which includes a certification and a program
  3. Assigned a user in the course category to the created role "completioneditor"
  4. Accessed the /totara/program/edit_assignments.php?id=4 page with the user with the "completioneditor" role, which works fine. So the "totara/program:configureassignments" seems to work.
  5. Used the "Completion" tab in the program in order to access the completion editor. The following error appeared:

For testing purposes, I've created a report using the "Program Membership" source (which includes certifications as well for some reason) and tried to access the completion editor using the ""edit completion records" column with the same user as in 4.

Access wasn't denied and the user was able to edit the completion record.

What am I missing here? Any help or input would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks

Patrick

Patrick Staengle
Re: Issue with the "totara/program:editcompletion" capability
by Patrick Staengle - Tuesday, 27 September 2016, 3:13 AM

Just realized the error screenshot was missing.

me
by George Angus - Tuesday, 27 September 2016, 2:23 PM
Group Totara

Hi Patrick,

This issue has been fixed. What version are you using?

cheers,

George.

Patrick Staengle
by Patrick Staengle - Tuesday, 27 September 2016, 11:23 PM

Hi George,

we're using 2.9.9.

In which version has this been fixed? Unfortunatley, I wasn't able to find anything in the release notes.

Thanks,

Patrick

me
by George Angus - Wednesday, 28 September 2016, 5:56 PM
Group Totara

Hi Patrick,

Aha! Can you get email copy of the role to me & Ill investigate? If there is a problem Ill submit a bug on behalf of your Totara Partner and let you know.

cheers,

George.

me
by George Angus - Monday, 14 November 2016, 7:21 PM
Group Totara

Hi Patrick,

I created the role, assigned it to a user - however I couldn't access the pages you refer to as the user - how are you getting to them? I suspect the root of the problem here is although the role is assigned at category level some of the permissions required need to be at system level. Did you send an exact copy of the role?

cheers,

George.