Best practice forum (Archived)

Visibility of activities in calendar

Christoph Pirringer
Visibility of activities in calendar
by Christoph Pirringer - Saturday, 12 November 2016, 6:08 AM

Hello, i hope somebody can help me with this issue (which i suppose is mostly a configuration-issue) ?

What are the configuration-settings to make activities visible on the mini-calendar block, even if the user is not enrolled in the course or booked in the activity?

Additionally, are these settings then still differentiating if the user is actually enrolled/booked?

Thank you all for any help!

Tom Ireland
Re: Visibility of activities in calendar
by Tom Ireland - Monday, 14 November 2016, 2:10 AM
Group Totara

Hi, Christoph

Are you referring to face-to-face / seminar activities? If so, there are calendar options in the activity's setting that allow you to set where you want the event to be visible e.g. the course calendar, site calendar, or none.

If you set the option to "Site", then the session / event it will appear in the calendar block and users can select it and sign up from the link in the block. By default, events will appear in the user calendar and the user would see an additional event (once signed up), including the original. Visibility of the different context events can be hidden and shown via the main calendar page too.

Does that help?

Cheers.

Tom

Christoph Pirringer
Re: Visibility of activities in calendar
by Christoph Pirringer - Monday, 21 November 2016, 5:35 AM

Hello Tom!

Thank you for your answer! What i am currently stuck on, is how to make sessions visible in the calendar that the user is not enrolled in. Even though the calendar-settings are on "site", it is currently not visible to learners not enrolled in it.

If you or anyone else would have advice for me, i would be very appreaciative :)