Best practice forum (Archived)

Text Size in Appraisal Status Email is Very Small

John Unnever
Text Size in Appraisal Status Email is Very Small
by John Unnever - Wednesday, 12 April 2017, 1:15 PM
Group Partners

For some reason, the text that is received via the email notification for Appraisal Status is tiny by comparison to normal text size.  Is there a setting for this or is it coded on the back end report source to alter the text size via html?

John Unnever
Re: Text Size in Appraisal Status Email is Very Small
by John Unnever - Wednesday, 12 April 2017, 1:29 PM
Group Partners

It looks like it's the "Message Body" field on the Messages tab when creating an appraisal..  that's the text that is coming through in a very small font size in our email messages.

me
by George Angus - Wednesday, 12 April 2017, 8:48 PM
Group Totara

Hi John,

There is a setting in the  user's preferences for email format, of which there are two options - Pretty HTML format or Plain Text. But I strongly suspect its something external which is causing this.

regards,

George.

John Unnever
by John Unnever - Thursday, 13 April 2017, 8:07 AM
Group Partners

All users are set to Pretty HTML by default in their profile.  Other system generated emails come through fine, it is just these appraisal notification emails that have very small font size.   And the problem is that the text fields where we type in the message body text is just a straight text field, it is not a tinymce or any other kind of special text editor that allows for html formatting.. so we are not in control of the font size.

me
by George Angus - Tuesday, 18 April 2017, 7:28 PM
Group Totara

Hi John,

I tested this on a fresh install of 9.5. The appraisal messages all went out in the same format as every other emailed message in Totara.

regards,

George.