Best practice forum (Archived)

Updating Quiz Questions after attempts

nate's standard profile pic
Updating Quiz Questions after attempts
by Nate Marshall - Tuesday, 9 May 2017, 8:25 AM

We have a group of proctored assessments that are open throughout the year for our clients learners to take and earn a small raise if they perform well. 

We do regular review of the question and wording to ensure they are fair and not confusing to the learner. We also deal with policy change where we need to remove, edit, or add a question to an exam. By contract we need to make sure every question is asked and none are skipped. and there is a certain amount or randomization I mentioned in an earlier post. 

Is there a way to build a quiz where I can edit questions or make small changes to a question (wording, punctuation, spelling) without changing the # of questions, without erasing the attempts? 

Craig Eves
Re: Updating Quiz Questions after attempts
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 9 May 2017, 7:00 PM
Group Totara

Hi Nate

I tried in v9 and editing of questions and answer wording was possible even when an attempt had been made on the question.

As long as you don't change the option that is the right answer the grades will be correct (so if choice 1 is the correct answer you can change wording of choice 1 but not the weighting)

If you look at the quiz attempt responses the original answer when the quiz was submitted is saved as the response but new wording is shown in the quiz question when re attempting.

regards