Best practice forum (Archived)

SSO with PeopleSoft

Vikram Solia
SSO with PeopleSoft
by Vikram Solia - Tuesday, 28 June 2011, 9:46 PM

Hi,

I am unable to locate the People Soft Authentication plugin. Could you help me locate it?

Thanks,

Craig Eves
Re: SSO with PeopleSoft
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Sunday, 3 July 2011, 2:38 PM
Group Totara

Hi Vikram

Integrating People Soft with Totara needs to be discussed on a case by case basis with your Totara partner.

This is so your requirements can be found out and any customisations made.

Are you just wanting a Single Sign On using an authentication plugin without exchanging data between the systems or do you require both?

Craig

Vikram Solia
by Vikram Solia - Tuesday, 5 July 2011, 3:22 AM

Hi Craig,

Our immediate requirement is SSO, however down the line we may require more data exchange between the two systems. Kindly guide how to do this and help me locate the code.

Rgds,

Vikram

Richard Wyles
by Richard Wyles - Tuesday, 5 July 2011, 2:18 PM

Hi Vikram,
We certainly have experience of integrating with Peoplesoft, SAP and other 3rd party systems. But each integration is different - there is no single guide although we may put together some general documentation around this. Also there is no additional integration code to what you are already receiving.

As an aside, I'm interested in your feedback of Totara as you've also had some experience with ELIS?

regards
Richard

Vikram Solia
by Vikram Solia - Thursday, 7 July 2011, 9:45 PM

Hi Richard,

Nice to meet you on Totara forums. It would be great if you could provide access to the documentation for integration early. In fact, mention of PeopleSoft integration in Totara brochure was something that tilted the balance for Totara :(

I have downloaded ELIS but still to explore it deeply. Same goes for Totara right now.

regards,

Vikram

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 5 July 2011, 2:32 PM
Group Totara

Hi Vikram

SSO can be done through enabling an authentication plugin in Totara

Users > Authentication > Manage authentication

The authentication method that is probably the best for PeopleSoft is LDAP (this depends on the setup of the system)

Select settings and change the parameters - for information on the parameters see http://docs.moodle.org/20/en/LDAP_authentication.  This is something your partner will be able to help you with.

As far the data integration goes - this can be done through XML and mapping the data  between the two systems and creating a middleware application to connect the two. A partner would need to be involved in these discussions - there may be something around that could be adapted to fit your requirements.

Craig