Best practice forum (Archived)

Custom fields available at the report builder

Mario Planas
Custom fields available at the report builder
by Mario Planas - Monday, 4 July 2011, 11:14 AM
Group Partners

I would like to know if we can add new fields at the tables available when creating a new report (Competency Evidence, Course completion, Courses, etc.).

When I have create a new field (Course custom fied or new user filed), this fields are not available in the tables when we create new reports.

Thank!

Craig Eves
Re: Custom fields available at the report builder
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 4 July 2011, 5:33 PM
Group Totara

Hi Mario

Making hierarchy custom fields available in the report builder has been requested as a feature and quite a bit of work has been done on this.

The bug number is 8052 but I can't check this as this isn't visible to me. From the comments it looks as though it is pretty close to being finished.

There is also some discussion on how to create your own data sources at https://totara.community/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=16817 

Craig

Simon Coggins
Re: Custom fields available at the report builder
by Simon Coggins - Monday, 4 July 2011, 5:53 PM
Group Totara

Hi Mario,

User custom fields should already be available - they should appear in the columns and filters pulldown menus as soon as you add a new one. They do appear in their own section though so it's possible you may not have spotted them - look for a section called 'User Profile' (below the user section).

Course custom fields do appear in the 'Course' report source (again in their own section called Course custom fields), but I'll need to add them to the course completion one.

Simon