Best practice forum (Archived)

data schema for Totara?

? ?
data schema for Totara?
by ? ? - Monday, 1 August 2011, 7:41 PM

Our IT department has requested a copy of the data schema for Totara as part of our install process.

Just wondering if it would differ from the standard Moodle data schema?

Is there a document of the data schema for Totara that can be accessed online? If not, can some one email a copy to me?

thanks

Craig Eves
Re: data schema for Totara?
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 1 August 2011, 8:08 PM
Group Totara

Hi Ira

Yes there is a schema available - although it is not up to date so a new one may need to be generated unless you don't mind it not being the latest.

This will be different to the one in Moodle as there are quite a few tables added.

Craig

? ?
by ? ? - Monday, 1 August 2011, 8:18 PM

How long until the updated schema is available?

Can you email me a copy of the current schema in the mean time?

cheers

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 1 August 2011, 8:37 PM
Group Totara

OK I will email you the current one - this needs to be unzipped and the index.html file opened.

This is automatically generated by schemaspy so should not take long to create an up to date one. There are over 300 tables so it may not be easy to see the relationships.

cheers

Nurhaisyam Satar
by Nurhaisyam Satar - Monday, 1 August 2011, 9:13 PM

Hi Craig,

Can you also email me the data schema? I have the moodle 2.0, but the thing is we are actually developing a face-to-face module. So we need to see the relationship for it.

Thanks.

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 2 August 2011, 1:54 PM
Group Totara

Hi Nurhaisyam

I emailed you the schema yesterday - I hope it is of use in understanding how the face to face tables relates to the others.

Craig