Best practice forum (Archived)

This forum discussion has been removed

This forum post has been removed
Thursday, 30 October 2014, 5:47 AM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
Wesley Holden
Re: Reoccuring Courses & quizzes
by Wesley Holden - Wednesday, 5 November 2014, 4:09 PM

Hi Chris,

You could setup a Certification that allows users to retake the exact same course again. Previous completion including views of resources and quiz attempts are automatically deleted, so that when the user retakes the course, it's as if they've never done it before. (Previous completion dates are stored in reports.) The tricky piece here is that Certifications work based on automatic reassignment by a certain date, so you would have to have any users assigned to it retake it regularly. 

I would recommend contacting your Totara Partner company as they will have more insight into your setup and needs and may have other options or potential customization to suggest. 

The other option would be to go into the original course when the user needs to retake it and deleting their attempts at the quiz so they need to retake it. That's a manual process though so it could be a bit time heavy.

Cheers,

Lori

? ?
Re: Reoccuring Courses & quizzes
by ? ? - Thursday, 6 November 2014, 7:26 AM

I think it has been suggested before, and I didn't look to see if its already an enhancement request, but I have seen several use cases now where it would be beneficial to control certification window date in some way other than a relative due date based on previous certification completion date.