Best practice forum (Archived)

Permissions for Trainers

Steph Wild
Permissions for Trainers
by Steph Wild - Thursday, 4 September 2014, 8:55 AM
Group Learn Site Administrator

Hi,

I'd like to give some trainers access to book/cancel/attend staff onto courses but only within their own category e.g. Health & Safety.  Is this possible or do I have to give them access to do this throughout the whole system?

Thanks

Steph

Wesley Holden
Re: Permissions for Trainers
by Wesley Holden - Wednesday, 5 November 2014, 12:21 PM

HI Steph,

Just to make sure I'm understanding the question, are you looking to allow Trainers (not Editing Trainers) to enroll learners into courses manually or book learners onto Face-to-face activities?

To allow trainers to do course enrollment, I would say your best option is to clone the Trainer role. You can enable the context  Category so that users with that role can be assigned at the Category level. You'll also need to give the new role the capabilities under Manual Enrolments to manage enrolment. Then you can go assign folks that role at the Category level to limit their access to certain areas.

By default, Trainers do have permission to sign up learners for face-to-face events through the Attendees option.  

If you need further assistance on setting up the role above or in managing the F2F setup, please contact your partner company who can provide more support around the setup process and may have additional thoughts as they know your specific implementation.

Cheers,

Lori

Steph Wild
Re: Permissions for Trainers
by Steph Wild - Thursday, 6 November 2014, 6:06 AM
Group Learn Site Administrator

Hi Lori,

Thanks, yes that's a big help and I'll have a go - you're right when I said trainer what I actually meant in Totara speak was Editing Trainer.

Many thanks

Steph