Best practice forum (Archived)

Grader Report Display problem - IE 8

Kathy Dick
Grader Report Display problem - IE 8
by Kathy Dick - Tuesday, 13 September 2011, 2:56 PM

The far left column is out of sync with the associated rows in the grader report in IE 8 (I'm on Windows 7). I'm attaching a screenshot to show you what I mean. The result is that sometimes there is a grade that looks like it's on the same row as the learner name, but it's actually the grade of the learner above.

In Firefox, this isn't an issue. I'll attach the Firefox screenshot in a reply to this post.

Kathy Dick
Re: Grader Report Display problem - IE 8
by Kathy Dick - Tuesday, 13 September 2011, 2:57 PM

This is what the same portion of the report looks like in Firefox

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 13 September 2011, 4:13 PM
Group Totara

Hi Kathy

I tried in IE 8 using the demo site and the rows lined up alright seee below (the columns aren't quite right though). This was the same as what they looked like in Firefox IE 8.

Grader report

What version of Totara are you using - (Site Administration > Notifications) this may have been fixed in a newer version

Craig

Kathy Dick
by Kathy Dick - Tuesday, 13 September 2011, 4:16 PM

Hi Craig,

We're using last week's build: 1.0.23.

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 13 September 2011, 6:07 PM
Group Totara

Thanks Kathy - thats a newer version than the demo site so my theory is not right.

There does look to be some differences in the report - your grader report doesn't have a profile picture so this could have something to do with the misalignment.

Thanks for making us aware of this so it can be remedied.

Kathy Dick
by Kathy Dick - Wednesday, 14 September 2011, 8:44 AM

Thanks for the response, Craig. I'm guessing that there will be many cases where profile pictures are not used, so if that's the reason, it would be great to have that fixed.

Kathy

Simon Coggins
by Simon Coggins - Saturday, 17 September 2011, 2:05 AM
Group Totara

Hi Kathy,

That's a weird bug - I've created a ticket and we'll take a look. Can I ask what theme you are using, and do you still have the issue if you switch to a different theme?

Simon

Kathy Dick
by Kathy Dick - Monday, 19 September 2011, 9:20 AM

Hi Simon,

We're using a custom theme. But if I switch to the Totara theme, I have the same issue. Some of the other themes look like they might line up the rows better, though. Here's what the top of the report looks like when I switch to the Totara theme - the same as our custom theme.

Thanks
Kathy

This forum post has been removed
Wednesday, 21 September 2011, 9:04 PM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
Kathy Dick
by Kathy Dick - Tuesday, 27 September 2011, 9:10 AM

Hi Alastair. I've created a screenshot of the left side of the report - it scrolls to the right as well, but I didn't think seeing that was important.

I haven't specified any particular settings - this is just the Moodle Grader report.

This forum post has been removed
Monday, 3 October 2011, 8:15 PM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.