Best practice forum (Archived)

Automated messages for face to face - Multilingual?

Wouter Maenhout
Automated messages for face to face - Multilingual?
by Wouter Maenhout - Thursday, 9 February 2012, 9:19 AM
Group Partners

Hi,

The automated messages for a face to face session, would it be possible to make these multlingual, depending on the language defined in the user profile? Is this already possible?

Maybe similar like the language span tag?

Kind regards,

Wouter

Simon Coggins
Re: Automated messages for face to face - Multilingual?
by Simon Coggins - Thursday, 23 February 2012, 1:26 PM
Group Totara

Hi Wouter,

I believe that this should already be the case in face-to-face, and we added support for emails in the user's language to the other Totara messages in 1.1.2.

Are you having issues with this, and if so can you let me know exactly which messages aren't being correctly translated?

Simon

Darren Rivers
by Darren Rivers - Tuesday, 13 March 2012, 4:54 AM
Group Partners

Hi Simon,

I am having an issue with the language of the face to face notifications. I've found this post so thought it best to add to this thread as opposed to creating a new one.

The automated notifications are coming out in English - regardless if I set the user profile to German and/or force the course language to German. When these settings are set to English, the automated emails pull through the session variables correctly (participant name, starttime etc). However, when I change the settings to German then the email comes through in English, but the variables are not pulled through.

The site is running 1.0.33, so I'm not sure if this is something that has been fixed in subsequent versions?

Thanks

Darren

Simon Coggins
by Simon Coggins - Tuesday, 13 March 2012, 1:37 PM
Group Totara

Hi Darren,

Yes, as I said above this was added in 1.1.2.

Simon

Darren Rivers
by Darren Rivers - Wednesday, 14 March 2012, 2:27 AM
Group Partners

Hi Simon,

Sorry, I misunderstood your original post - I thought you meant that other emails (aside from face to face) had been improved in 1.1.2, and that the F2F emails were using standard Moodle functionality.

Understood now :)

Thanks

Darren