Best practice forum (Archived)

Face to face sessions

? ?
Face to face sessions
by ? ? - Thursday, 1 March 2012, 2:01 AM

Hi,

This may be a stupid question but why does our Totara not have fields for Location, Room and Venue on face-to-face sessions, when other people clearly do and the help documentation describes them as General settings? Do we have to add these as Custom fields?

Many thanks,

? ?
Re: Face to face sessions
by ? ? - Thursday, 1 March 2012, 2:26 AM

Hi Haroon,

Not sure why that is, they should be default. Perhaps they have been turned off in Site Administration > Plugins > Face to face ?

Andy

? ?
by ? ? - Thursday, 1 March 2012, 3:26 AM

I have checked in Site Administration > Plugins > Activities > Face-to-face and there are no visible settings in here for options to turn them off or on, in fact it doesn't show them at all.

Thanks,

? ?
by ? ? - Thursday, 1 March 2012, 1:36 PM

Hi Haroon,

Well spotted - I've checked the code and while these three custom fields are added during an upgrade from old versions of Totara, they are not added by default in a fresh install! I've filed a bug for this and we'll try and get a fix out in the next release.

However in the interim you can go to Site Administration -> Plugins -> Activities -> Face-to-Face and add the three custom fields. The important bit is that the shortname for each should be 'location', 'venue' and 'room' (all lower case).

Paul Smart
by Paul Smart - Friday, 2 March 2012, 5:16 AM

I solved this problem by altering the default emails to exclude those fields.

If I'd thought it was a bug I'd have raised a support request ;-)

? ?
by ? ? - Wednesday, 14 March 2012, 2:04 PM

Hi folks,

Today's releases of versions 1.0.34 and 1.1.13 contain a fix where these three custom fields will now be created on a fresh install. However for existing installations you will still have to add the fields manually.

Ciaran

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 1 March 2012, 2:03 PM
Group Totara

As an aside the problem with not having the custom fields defined is because the custom fields are included in some of the default messages eg [session:location] 

You can add other custom fields to a session for example instructor name and include this in a message by adding  [session:instructor name] to the message.